06-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #19
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Strange. I'm almost invisible. Today I picked somebody up at LAX and nobody looked twice. I drive constantly on the 405 and 101 freeways and nobody looks twice. And while I see Lambos and Ferraris and Bentleys every day, I've only seen 1 other i8 on the road that wasn't a factory car or meeting me for a meet up.
Actually, I had a few color choices for the i8s that were in production at the time. They even had protonic blue that you were interested. I chose Sophisto Grey in hopes that it would garner less attention. So far, my theory hasn't worked. There's been: a lot of thumbs up and nods from motorists and with just about every motorcyclists (what's with that?); constant approach by i8 enthusiasts at the gas pump (now resorting to pump gas before the break of dawn); and drivers videoing you with their phone in one hand and steering with the otherl (most bewildering - the thought of being rear-ended).

MalibuBimmer, I think you're almost invisible because you're probably driving a heck of a lot faster than I am. The Gawkers don't even have a chance get a good look at your i8!
Appreciate 1