View Single Post
      03-29-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
WidowMaker03TX
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx

Full message.

"There are important ConnectedDrive service changes affecting your 2016 i3, Vehicle Identification Number ending in [XXXX].

Due to a phasing out of the 3G network by cellular carriers, ConnectedDrive services can no longer be supported starting February 2022 for your BMW. The decision to phase out 3G network technology was made at the discretion of the respective cellular carriers and lies beyond the control of BMW.

We want you to be able to enjoy ConnectedDrive services for as long as they are supported for your vehicle, so a complimentary Connected Package Professional or BMW Assist Safety Plan subscription will automatically be activated for your BMW until February 1, 2022. Your vehicle will receive all services within the Connected Package Professional or BMW Assist Safety Plan subscription that it is technically capable of receiving.

To ensure you receive the complimentary services, you will need to “Update Services” via iDrive, as outlined below. If after performing an “Update Services” you do not have the services available to you, please contact BMW Assist Customer Care at 1‑888‑333‑6118 or customercare@bmwassist.com.

We regret that ConnectedDrive services will no longer be supported as of February 2022 for your vehicle but hope that you enjoy the complimentary ConnectedDrive services in the meantime.

BMW ConnectedDrive

HOW TO UPDATE SERVICES

Depending on your vehicle’s Model Year and Make, navigate to “BMW Assist”, “ConnectedDrive” or “Apps” using your iDrive controller.

Under BMW Assist or ConnectedDrive:

Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)

Click on “Update BMW Assist”
Under Apps:

Click on “All Apps”

Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)

Click on “Update apps and services”"