techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy95 View Post
If you've ever driven a Model 3 you'd know it feels like more than just a car but more like an extension of our phones. I was hoping when BMW/MB/Audi started rolling out with their full EV's they would take some ideas out of Tesla and how the car can still entertain you without moving. You know, the fun quirks and gimmicks. It doesn't look like this car will have that just basically an electric 340GC. For what's probably gonna be $75-$90k USD ill keep my Model 3. The Quality in Tesla will improve with time (plaid). So i'll continue waiting hopefully they get it soon. it was between a LCI G80 M3 and this for me so i'll wait for the LCI G80.
tesla's interior quality is that of a 90's toyota. their panel gaps are horrendous, reparability also horrendous, and that's just what we know about because tesla isn't exactly a forthcoming entity when it comes to safety. my neighbor said there's a reason why he leaves the tesla to charge outside and not in the garage.

tesla's jig is gonna be up when the traditional automakers start making compelling EVs and this BMW is a good start.
Factor in that Tesla would not exist for all the tax breaks my home state gave it. The ability to sell emissions credits and the like.

Now moving headquarters to Texas.

So besides the crappy quality I'd never buy one because they are moving headquarters to Texas.

But back to the interior. I would never buy a car that requires me to look away from the road to get basic information. You must look to the center and it has no HUD. You can't glance at a guage cluster because it doesn't have one.

For all those touting the glory of the TM3, please go buy one. You probably aren't a BMW buyer anyway.