View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #37
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post

For all those touting the glory of the TM3, please go buy one. You probably aren't a BMW buyer anyway.
Oh please give that trope a break. Open your mind and appreciate what some things are good at, eh? I've owned two model 3's, which is one more than the number of BMW's I've owned. My F10 535 was an absolutely terrible driving car. You can search my history on here if you don't believe it.

I've driven my two now over 70k miles and have to say the whole "you have to take your eyes off the road" thing is totally, totally overblown. First of all, checking your speed by looking to the center screen is just as easy as glancing down. Second of all, almost everything is auto, and the screen logic is so easily laid out that it's a dawdle to operate. Third, I own a 958 generation Cayenne, which has buttons for freaking EVERYTHING. Let me tell you, you have to look down to operate those too, because there's a button for everything!

People make too much hype out of the screen controlling most things because it's foreign to them and they haven't lived with it.

Having said that, I believe that the i4, or really the iX, has the right amount of buttons. The Tesla has some controls that really would be better as direct buttons. Like the wipers, for one.
Appreciate 0