04-09-2020, 06:02 PM   #23
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I'm honestly not sure. I know that my son and a lot of his grade (high school seniors) mostly have gotten SUV's for first cars. They are growing up with them, but I feel the next couple of generations will be less enthusiastic about cars in general. I would say a lot of younger people also find an appeal for Tesla and electric cars, it is the "it car" that people aspire to have and has a lot of badge appeal to younger generations. Sadly this makes me see a future of electric SUV's as the norm.
I agree. I'm in my late 20s and we were the first ones to experience the early days of the internet, Walkmans with CDs, then iPods, iPhones, Macs, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Tech has taken over every aspect of our lives and people are really passionate about it. Tesla is by far the most tech-oriented automaker so that's what people aspire to. If not that then definitely some caliber of SUV (RR, G wagen, Jeeps).

I'm that oddball millennial who wakes up at 7 am on saturdays to hang around with people my dad's age to and stare at little sports cars.
Appreciate 5