View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #12
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Back when I was in my 20's, we had a full-contact employee softball team in the city's league where I worked. In two seasons, every single player but one (moi) was hospitalized from game injuries. I should have been hospitalized at least one time, but got up out of the dirt after a 45 second blackout from being tackled trying to pull down a high throw to the plate from the outfield. The umpire asked if I needed an ambulance, and I asked for a minute break to see if I could walk. Our team was already playing one person short due to injury that day, and our pitcher was actually on the mound with crutches. If I had gone to the hospital, we would have had to forfeit the game! Wound up finishing that game in right field, with my throwing arm so messed up that I carried a few fly balls over to the center fielder to throw them back to the pitcher because I couldn't throw a ball three feet.

After two years of that, I decided that it was a good idea to find a safer sport...and thus my motorsports career started. We had won the city's league championship, and our employer's health insurance carrier threatened to cut our coverage from all of the injuries if we continued to play the next season.....