View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 05:04 AM   #341
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I don't think cooling will work because it is too heavy to have a refrigeration unit to cool the drink, and ice will rapidly melt because bottle is in a thin aluminium package kind of like a kool aid pack and the car gets really really hot due to the pu. I think maybe if the insulate the bottle better with something like aero gel - which is super light, and chill the drink to a slurpee like consistency it could stay cold the entire race.

I heard the drink is a glucose and electrolyte solution, so kind of sweet and salty and unflavored so its not like a gatorade or anything. It probably doesn't help taste when it is hot.

I dont even know how they drink this stuff while having to immediately cornering at like 5G shortly after, I would puke. It's like eating or drinking before a roller coaster.
Yes that makes sense and as far as drinking I've seen flex straws protruding near the mouth in the helmet or resting on the lips even and I would think they'd have a small sip at a time when on a straight.
Appreciate 1