08-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #135
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
Production Complete, Awaiting carrier according to hotline. Knowing that status can lag 24-48 hours it, best case scenario, it's on a train/truck to Bremerhaven, worst case, it's sitting waiting on a train/truck. If the stars align, it might arrive at the dealer by the middle of Sept. Excitement building.
Carac, depending on where you live, your car and mine may end up on the same ship. Mine is also awaiting the carrier, and having talked to the BMWUSA rep to confirm status, they indicated that awaiting carrier means it is at the port awaiting loading on to a ship, at which point the status will be changed to en route.

Checking the Wallenius and Wilhemsen web site ( http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche…countryList.do), the next ship to depart Bremerhaven for Port Hueneme (California port of entry) departs August 23 and arrives September 17. From that point, it's estimated to be another week or so before it is at the dealer and prepped for pick up by the customer. If you're not on the west coast, you can check the W&W site for other ships departing Bremerhaven for other ports of entry in the U.S.

BTW, if my car arrives at the port on Sept. 17 and I were to pick it up one week later (Sept. 24), it would be exactly one year to the day after I placed my deposit.

Last edited by drlonline; 08-13-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0