11-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #1438
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my game plan has been that once I hit 15% body fat to increase calories by 200/day. I figure at this rate, this should add close to 2 pounds of lean muscle/month. As my weight/muscle increases, I will need to adjust my calories. I figure if I do this slowly, it should keep me relatively lean as I start to bulk at a gradual rate. As of now, I'm 139 and 17.5% body fat; I know, crazy skewed numbers but I went too hard on the cardio in the beginning and realize that now. That's really high bf% for that low of weight. I'd like to get to around 150-155 @ around 10-12% BF by May or June.

Does this seem realistic?

Also, as for carbs, I don't neglect them, but I make better choices in what I eat. Rice with quinoa, wheat based stuff, etc. I've been more focused on trying to keep my fats low, which is tough, and stay around .8 - 1g of protein/pound of body weight.

Also...quick question. How are you measuring your body fat? I can tell you right now if you are relying on one of those hand-held or step-on "impedance" devices.....you aren't getting an accurate result.

You probably have a lower body fat than you think if using these devices. I have used the hand-held before at my monthly health screening by the wellness program at work..and it showed me at 16+%. Just that same morning in the gym...I was pinched by calipers and was 9.2%.

I can make those things change 5% by just drinking a glass of water and retesting.

You have mentioned before that you were seeing definition around your lower ab area...and that isn't happening at 17%. I bet you are closer to 14% than you suspect.