TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I've have had a lot of Vodka's in my life and there is a massive point of diminishing returns unlike scotch or say tequila.

This is why the high end Vodka market is effectively dead... it's the worst category of alcohol to sell in. But that aside by defaut I would recommend Polish Vodkas just based on tradition over French.

Very rare and unknown - Snow Leopard Vodka - 6 times distilled in Poland and only like $29.99 per 750ML... it doesn't get better but is very hard to find. There is little to no aging in Vodka so while I am sure that Vodka is terrific, I can assure you I can find something awfully close up to $30...

Also, if anyone ever says Tito's / Grey Goose are good vodkas, you should pretty much get banned from posting on this forum lol.
I hear you and to some degree, I can agree. The sheer nature of Vodka puts it at a disadvantage to my favorite spirit: Rum. But Cognac, Scotch and even Whiskey have more character, aging, flavor profile, etc.
That being said, yes, Vodka is generally a play it safe mixer type of alcohol for me. One that I don't associate with sipping. The exception being this and my second favorite, ZYR. But no, you won't find ANY Vodka close the sheer smoothness and unique flavor of this XO. That I am confident of.

Quote:
It uses four French wheat grains, selected for their specific flavors. Each wheat grain is separated from its chaff before distillation in order to eliminate any bitterness and to reveal the wheat’s individual flavor. Spring water, filtered through Grande Champagne limestone, is added. Jean-Marc XO Vodka is distilled nine times in very small batches using traditional copper alambic stills. Then Jean-Marc XO is micro-oxygenated (a Bordeaux technique) and filtered through Limousin oak charcoal to finish. Very unusually, the entire process takes several weeks from start to finish. Each bottle is individually numbered to reflect its handmade artisanship.

The Jean-Marc XO has performed reasonably well at spirit ratings competitions. It was awarded 97 points by the US Beverage Testing Institute in 2007 [1] (one of only two vodkas to get this score), and is the only vodka ever honored by the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (2005). Wine Enthusiast was significantly less impressed with Jean-Marc XO, however, giving the vodka a rating of 85-89 in 2005.[2]

Jean-Marc XO Vodka was listed in a book of "101 Things to Buy Before you Die" (published late 2006), alongside other cultural icons such as Cartier watches and Aston Martin DB5's: a shorter list of 50 Things, including Jean-Marc XO Vodka, was compiled for the Daily Mail.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marc_XO_Vodka

https://www.crownwineandspirits.com/...o-vodka-750ml/

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 01-15-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
ASAP10161.00