10-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
If a player goes into the crowd, in fair play, the player is taking a risk. Interference can't be called. Only when a fan reaches over in fair play. As the video clearly shows Betts left arm goes back, into the stands, and his glove hits the fans hand. Causing his glove to close. I still would like to know why wasn't the fan ejected, if he interfered with with the play? The best angle unfortunately for the Astros was blocked by Security. That was a crucial bad call, as Houston lost by 2. I give it Benny for a great catch. Should be interesting how Price performs tonight. Is Sale ready and healthy for a possible game 6? So far a pretty good series.
Obviously, the video does not clearly show his left arm going back into the stands or it would have been overturned. You realize he started to jump before he got to the wall, right?

The fan probably didn't get ejected because it would be a contractiction for Houston to eject him. They can't argue he did nothing wrong on the field and then eject him. If they ejected him, then they would admit they have no basis to argue the call.

The call was in the first inning. Houston allowed 8 runs. It wasn't that crucial. I'd say Kemp's bad decision to try to stretch to a double late in the game was more crucial. Kimbrel gave Houston every chance to win the game but they couldn't get it done, even with the bases loaded and their best player hitting.

Last edited by RickFLM4; 10-18-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0