View Single Post
      02-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Asus is a great brand for monitors and Laptops.
MSI is a great brand for motherboards but I have not tested their laptops.
Razer is a great company for peripherals but I consider their laptops to be a little pricey for the hardware they provide.
Lenovo has some seriously great gaming laptops out recently but they may be a little above your price range and the ones I am familiar with are usually 15".

To be perfectly honest you are going to be most interested in the Processor/Video Card and the screen no matter what brand you choose, just make sure you get some form of extended warranty from Newegg. I promise it is worth it.

If you are not doing high level video editing you can choose to go with an I5 processor instead of an I7 as most games have not taken advantage of the multi threading of the I7 processors. As far as graphics card I believe the 980M that comes in the Asus is what you need for the games you are playing. Anything more powerful from Nvidia is just going to cost you more and really wont make too much of a difference in the games you are playing. (in my opinion)

I highly recommend walking into a Frys Electronics if you have one nearby and checking out the models they have just to get a feel before you buy on newegg. They even price match if you decide that model is the one you want, although I prefer newegg.