01-03-2019, 05:37 AM   #2118
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
So tonight. A guy spends more time bopping around to the music he has pumping from his phone and texting on said phone than working out. It was chest day for me today and he hogged up one of the flat benches. I finally got an open bench while this dude is still farting around. I finished my sets on the bench and he's still farting around on the bench. Later, I wanted to use the incline bench and guess who's there? This time I had didn't want to just loiter around waiting for him to finish so I interjected. He said he had another set to go but got it done rather quickly.

And a cringe worthy sight. There is this skinny dude that I've seen on occasion. This guy has the worst form/lack of full range motion and uses momentum to move the heavy weights he thinks he's actually lifting. So he's been lately "training" a guy friend and what I assume is his girlfriend. I cringe as to think what future injuries these people are going to get due to this fool's workout technique.
Usually thats how those heads are, gotta light a flame under their ass to see any sort of movement. Theres a similar guy in my gym who refuses to wear earphones and instead just turns his phone all the way up, can't believe some people have the audacity to do that shit lol.

We were talking about training people with improper form a few pages ago, that shit really bothers me. The problem is that guy training them assumes he knows what he is doing and is doing it properly, and most of the time someone of this caliber is not receptive to criticism. Maybe eventually he will come to the realization. Self critic is the most important thing in constant progression in the gym in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50