01-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #2132
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Ok...long story here. I don't usually post serious annoyances here but this is worth sharing.

Today I had the distinct pleasure of having some "Instagram celebrity" working out at my gym (I still don't know who this dude is) How they get anything accomplished is beyond me because they are literally on their phone ALL THE TIME.

So squat rack opens up, I set my stuff down- and start warming up with the bar alone- as most know- prevents injury before throwing 4-5 45 lb plates.

One of his posse members (not even in gym clothes- he was like a cameraman) comes up to me and says "you going to be long? We're going to shoot a video and this has the best lighting" to which I responded "yeah...I've got a pyramid set, but we can share the rack if you don't want to wait."

The so called "celebrity" comes up to me and says "hey man, not sure if you've seen me on IG or know who i am- it's totally cool if we split the rack but we're going to throw real weight on- just so you know. Don't get me wrong or anything- you look in shape and know what you're doing- but yeah."

To which I responded "no offense, but I have absolutely no idea who you are. And I work for universal music- so i work with/run into people of name all the time. And don't worry about the weight, I'll get out of your way once it becomes too heavy" (in my head knowing I'm working my way up to a 455x5x2 set)

This dude throws the biggest attitude with his reaction- and off we go. They immediately start at 225 with good form, then I went- took 2 plates off, and started at 135.

Then they jumped to 315. Form ok, but not breaking parallel anymore- I then go to 225.

They repeat 315, at which the guy says "how much do I take off?" To which I responded "nah...let's keep it there" and finally put on my inzer belt. 315x8

They then move up to 365 with a shaky walk out, and at this point, I was nervous for the guy, cause the form was no bueno, head way up- and barely able to reach parallel x3.

I change the 25s for 35s. 385x6 ass to grass no problem.

He then attempts, and since I guess his pride got in the way- attempted for depth, and had to bail- WHICH PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF, because we now have to unrack- and rerack everything. I told him "i hope your talent on IG isn't for fitness, because you definitely need to stop training your ego".

After i which put 405 on the bar- and they thankfully let me finish my sets by myself, leaving the area with their footage with their tails between their legs.

Some guy from afar then comes up to me and says "that seriously made my day" to which I was amused and annoyed by the whole situation. But seriously, fuck these social media "celebrities"

End rant.
BSM n54iS2684.50
JP102463.00
King Rudi13154.00
Reborn_298.00