View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #2133
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Darwin almost won tonight at the gym.

While doing dumbbell curls, I see in the mirror these two guys behind me on the bench press. The bar was loaded to 315lbs. While the guy attempting the weight isn't weak, there's no way he could come close to benching that amount of weight. So I watch as you would train wreck. His buddy spotting him could barely bench 155lbs. But that's not entirely why I'm bringing up his buddy. His buddy has been gimping along the gym for a couple of weeks now on crutches. Not sure if he messed up his ankle or knee. Needless to say he's not putting weight on that leg.

So the dude was able to lift the loaded bar off of the bar holder. He slowly brings the bar down to his chest I guess doing a negative. As the bar touches his chest, he tries to push the weight back up. And you guessed it, bar goes up maybe an inch and drops right back down on his chest. Gimp tries to spot and almost falls over trying to balance on one leg. I don't know how but the both of them managed to get the bar up to the first set of hangers/holders on the bench.
Appreciate 0