soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
We have 2018 i3 and the lease is coming up in September. My wife is insisting on leasing another 2021 i3 (but as much as I love the unique style and the fun to drive it, I can't justify the price and the awful range anymore over Model 3). Anyways, didn't know that even new US models make this stupid sound, thought it was just an EU regulation. Subscribing to the thread for future use
Info sharing here only...

This is my second ecar, first was an eGolf. Abysmal range but a wonderful car, highly subsidized at the time. ($250 a month) turned it in, should have kept it.

Just leased a 2020 i3 with a MSRP of $50k for zero down after rebates and $115 a month inc. tax. Range is not an issue for us, and at 150 miles it covers us unless we all need to go further...we have an X1 for that

The Model 3 is a different car and will lease for way more than the range is worth (for me anyway). But If you need the range it's a different story.

So far loving the i3...likely the lease payment has a lot to do with it.

I also have a deposit on a ID4 due much later this year. It will not likely lease very well though. You may want to look at the specs on those.
Thanks for sharing this, really great info!

When we originally got the i3 it was supposed to be my wife's car and we agreed that we'll take the long trips with my 2012 Hyundai Elantra (hey, don't judge! How do you think we can afford to lease a bimmer?)

But the i3 is soooo good and fun to drive that we both hate driving the Elantra. It's really not about bimmer vs. Hyundai, we've had other bimmers but never felt this way towards Elantra! We want to take it everywhere but because of the range we can't (or couldn't, you know, with the whole pandemic). So that's why she wants to get the exact same color MY21 i3 when this one's lease is due in August. You are right about the price, we are also paying $250 a month after all the incentives and subsidies and this is with $0 down (but 7 MSDs)! So yeah it's really not comparable to Model 3 price wise. But the fact that we can't drive it straight from Santa Barbara to San Diego (the route we go often) without charging is just pathetic 😞

I'll look into ID4, seems like a nice choice
Appreciate 0