View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Music and the memories

So I thought I’d start a new thread that could maybe be considered a spinoff from that massive thread started by BForbes all the way back in 2009.

I haven’t been around here all that long so I know many have become online friends and share experiences in various posts which I can appreciate. Having said that, I don’t want to step on any toes by beginning a thread that looks too similar to another one but I think/hope this will be different.

Because I love music and many kinds of music crossing many genres, this was tough for me to decide how to begin. What I want to do is rather than randomly post a link to a YouTube video to a song you’re currently listening to, I thought about posting a song or maybe even an album with commentary behind it. What I mean is share something about the music and/or yourself on this particular piece of music you’re posting. Whether it be a child hood memory, college days, first date, someone you lost, unforgettable travel experience, etc., share it. I took a few stabs at this on the aforementioned and epic “what song are you listening to right now?” thread by adding some comments when uploading a link to a song I was listening to, but I realized I wanted something more, something deeper that maybe some could enjoy. I dunno, maybe this is a loser of an idea but thought it’s worth a shot.

I’m going to start with one of my favorite bands when I was in college, The Cure. I went to their “Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me” tour concert when they did a stint in Seattle. I have to say, I think it was the best concert I had ever been to, bar none. I think The Cure is known for epic sets that last hours, definitely get your money’s worth for sure. I was glad to see they made it to the Rock and Roll HOF in Cleveland. When I visited the HOF recently, many years later, I couldn’t help but be pleased to see them with a space there. I saw an article in the display case that was from the Kiss me kiss me kiss me tour and I felt some nostalgia.

So I was already in college when said concert was held but was invited to join some friends from high school that were a couple of grades younger than myself, including a girl I was attracted to. I didn’t really have her attention so to speak when I was in HS but for some reason after heading off to college and staying in contact with mutual friends, something had changed. So when she invited me to go see The Cure with her, I was surprised and happy. Just one of many memories I have and just one example of a group and song that always triggers a period of time in my past. For those that don’t know, this album and subsequent tour came out in 1987. I graduated HS in ’86.

Just Like Heaven

From that same album is a track I have always loved that got no radio time and maybe a bit obscure called “If Only Tonight We Could Sleep”. Very interesting style. Definitely not a pop song.

Rock and Roll HOF
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Fast.F10513.50
Buug95917426.00