03-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #12
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
I've been to 100's of concerts so could be here all day with experiences etc.

Guess most memorable

1) RUSH 8 times - reason bought first drum set (one Grohl later played...may have been his first who knows lol)

2) NIN - RIGHT before they hit it big, at BoatHouse in Norfolk.

3) Foo's - Dave came and did online pre sale show in Richmond few years back @ The National, only holds 1,300.

4) Garth Brooks - back in the day, (along with Neil Diamond live), simply 2 of the best entertainer/performers I've ever seen live.

5) Bon Jovi - I was good friends with his cousin, and went to his Slippery When Wet at Capital Center...great show, but more memorable were the 100's (maybe 1000) women walking around in lingerie.

So many from VH, Motley, Amos...100's but those stand out.

1) RUSH 8 times - reason bought first drum set (one Grohl later played...may have been his first who knows lol)

Damn, I always new Rush fans were dedicated! Coincidentally I watched their documentary on Netflix again the other day "Beyond The Lighted Stage". Such an awesome production seeing how they began and where they were up until this doc was produced in 2010? I played many an air guitar and drums to their tunes. RIP Neil Peart.

2) NIN - RIGHT before they hit it big, at BoatHouse in Norfolk.

Nine Inch Nails FTW! My friend and I would crank "Head Like a Hole" often before heading out to the latest dive bar with local bands in that genre. Had to be sure to wear the Doc Martens. Nice to see Trent Reznor still at it, including picking up a Golden Globe.

3) Foo's - Dave came and did online pre sale show in Richmond few years back @ The National, only holds 1,300.

Nice! That's right, Grohl went to school in Virginia. I always associated him with the Seattle scene of course for obvious reasons.

4) Garth Brooks - back in the day, (along with Neil Diamond live), simply 2 of the best entertainer/performers I've ever seen live.

Don't have anything for this

5) Bon Jovi - I was good friends with his cousin, and went to his Slippery When Wet at Capital Center...great show, but more memorable were the 100's (maybe 1000) women walking around in lingerie.

Wow, must've been pretty thrilling to say the least, lol.

Van Halen (RIP Eddie), definitely one of my all time favorite rock bands. I never had the pleasure of seeing them tour when DLR was with them but I saw them many years later with Hagar performing in Tokyo. My friend saw VH with DLR and I guess he was always known to be a clown during their shows. Apparently some dude kept trying to pick at his shoelaces at the edge of the stage or something and he muttered "dude if you do that one more time I'm gonna f*** your girlfriend".

Last edited by TiMSport; 03-01-2021 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0