vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I never liked the marketing trend to name foods as things they aren’t to try to make them appealing. If it’s good enough for people to eat there should be no need to pretend it’s something else.
My MIL and half of the in-laws are vegetarians, who strangely only shop in the organic aisle because they apparently like the taste of bugs in their veggies.

This product was made by a major frozen lasagna company, and in a box that was clearly labeled as vegan organic. I have zero doubt that it was intentionally obtained for what it was, and my DW didn't notice. I just can't for the life of me figure out why tomato sauce was not vegan enough for a vegan lasagna?

For those not familiar with the difference, vegans will not eat animal-derived products like cheese and milk (although bugs in their organic produce are apparently acceptable). Vegetarians eat cheese and stuff for the most part, only avoiding meat.

You haven't truly lived until you've been dragged to Thanksgiving dinner at a vegan restaurant by a clan of vegetarians...and watched them turn their noses up in disgust when *they* couldn't even identify half the vegan dishes on the menu. After eating a plate of burned corn for Thanksgiving dinner, I walked across the street to Micky D's to pick up a 20-piece McNuggets for the hour-log drive home.....
RickFLM410998.50
Buug95917904.00