View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #18
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Diet is key. Last I remember you were staying away from foods late at night, as well as not eating much dinner? Or was it lunch? I forget, but fill me in and I will go from there. Essentially your diet should change now that your goal has changed. You went from wanting to lose weight ASAP to now wanting to gain muscle and drop BF, meaning this will be a slow uphill battle lol. Most will tell you that it is very difficult to both gain muscle and reduce BF.

It would've been a little easier to build that muscle while you still had the extra weight on, now your goal is a little harder, none the less doable.

Most likely the easiest way would be to ignore your calories, eat big, gain the muscle, then lose the weight. Or lose all of the weight you want then try to gain the muscle. Building muscle and maintaining BF is much more feasible then wanted to gain muscle and reduce BF.

Don't trust the BMI scales, go by what your mirror is telling you.
Correct. I'm on a calorie deficiency. Between 1500-1800/day, don't eat past 5 p.m. and gym 5 days a week. This is how I dropped the weight so quickly.
Gym days consist of weight resistance and cardio after. Weights for about an hour focusing on only a few groups each session doing drop sets and then cardio for about 65 -80 minutes usually around 4-4.5 miles and burn between 850-975 calories per session depending on how I feel.

Now that I'm actually close to what the national standards for ideal weight are for my height (155 @ 5' 9") I'm still jiggly in the ab area and would like more muscle definition. I wanted to drop the weight first as I see all these guys at the gym that are big, but have a lot of body fat. Sure they may be strong or can lift big weight, but they just look fat regardless. I wanted to be lean so I went with dropping the fat and then trying to build the muscle. I do realize that I went the hard way but I'm not afraid to put in the extra work to get exactly what I want.

I do feel like I need to be eating more at this point but the thought of gaining the weight back that I've spent the past 3 months working my ass off to drop is kind of depressing. I'm thinking eat more, lift more weight, do less cardio. Does this sound about right?
Appreciate 0