08-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #24
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
It's all personal preference, if it works for him, great, his money, his car. I understand the car and mods weren't cheap, but the look makes it appear cheap. If someone had put an aftermarket bumper and hood on a Civic and then wrapped it matte black, no one would start a thread about how "beastly" it is. Doing it to a Cayenne doesn't make the mods any better.

My point is just that the mods didn't improve the car. I'm sure he could pick up girls in a stock Cayenne. But being 23 and wealthy pretty much explains the look of the car "hey look at me!".

There's a local Ferrari 458 that's wrapped in gold chrome vinyl and it's hideous. Guy dropped $250K on the car and probably $10K on the wrap. Does the fact that he spent so much money justify questionable taste?

Haha I get the point but I don't think the Cayenne looks bad like this. It's unique and yeah it stands out. There is always a risk of getting bad feedback, but I guess for him at least it's better than no feedback. But interesting to hear the Bimmer Community on this.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0