View Single Post
      02-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #11
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Glad I'm not the only one bugged by this. Recently had some POS Chevy behind me with these, and it just made me sad. I know you can't trademark something like xenon lights, or the side-marker turn signals, but this is a style feature. Of course, it also used to be that if you knew s/b was driving a BMW it told you more about what type of driver they were - now that is also pretty generic so less is lost.

But first, lets get uniform bumper and headlight heights put into law for the trucks. They have been grandfathered in under the (now absurd) position that they are work vehicles and there aren't many of them out there. Now that these are one of the most popular vehicle classes, and being used for all kinds of commuting duties, it is insane to have them with bumpers right at kill height, and headlights at eye level.

+1 to change antiquated vehicle lighting laws and eliminate Truck/SUV blinding-light-pollution. Start with Lexus (I don't know how they get away with the ones on their RX, but I find them the worst coming or going) and work your way from there.
Maynard3848.00