View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #55
Evrim
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygough View Post
I’m curious to see the variation in order date vs estimated delivery date. I almost pre-ordered back in the summer when the configurator first went up. I was being told back then, potentially optimistically, to expect December delivery, but I haven’t heard of anyone expecting their car to arrive in 2021.

Ended up waiting for a test drive and ordered in November and expecting delivery June 2022. It would be interesting to track other peoples experience to see if there is any discernible pattern.

Model: iX 40 M Sport
Order date: 13 November 2021
Estimated delivery: June 2022
Thank you for the information. It looks like a long delay.

I am based in Istanbul. Pre-ordered xdrive 40 on 11th October and final order was on 25th October. At that time I have been told that delivery would be around middle to end of December.

As per initial feedback it was supposed to be built by week 49. But due to workload, factory informed that build slots will be delayed to last week of December. Then our distributor asked to arrange it for build slot as first week of Jan, this will also make the cars 2022 built in that way.

As far as I know, there are several xdrive 40s already delivered in Turkey. As per the feedback, specifications are affecting the delivery dates. For example, mine has castanea interior which I heard as there are difficulties for supply of the same and creating delays, apart from chip issues. (B&W can be another example)
Appreciate 0