United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilum View Post
ETA status update from my (UK based) i Dealer:
  • Aug-14 1 x order
  • Dec-14 1 x order
  • Feb-15 2 x orders (one of which is mine - my order ETA slipped from 15-Jan-15 to mid Feb-15)
He confirmed that although they were briefed to set customer's expectations for first UK deliveries to be end of the year (Dec-14 was quoted), they seem to have pulled forward some orders.

Regarding laser lights, the BMW UK website has been updated, and now shows the following, "A second broad frame is added as a distinguishing design feature when the optional high-beam headlights with laser light technology* are selected.... *Planned availability from the end of 2014."
(Previously it said available from November.)

On a slightly different note, the dealer is organising the test drive event and I'm booked in to test drive the i8 on 19th July

T
Tilum, very envious of you getting the test drive. I'm sure you'll give all of us a thorough review afterwards. It will be interesting to hear from a real consumer, rather than the auto journalists who have written about the test drives to date. Hopefully by the time of your test drive those of us with the early allocations in the US will actually be contacted to place our orders. It's a little unsettling that we've heard of September deliveries for initial US orders, but still do not have a configurator up on the BMWUSA site. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer (have heard from a couple sources to expect it by early July).
Appreciate 0