View Single Post
      09-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #4185
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
apartment manager said asbestos is in the wall. 2 months back i drilled 3 holes with screw driver and put this rack up to hold my bike. My bike fell with it and it pulled the screws out. Should i be worried about asbestos exposure? I feel like im gonna slowly die!
Dude, you're fine. Your apartment manager probably lied to you in an effort to not have you drill holes in the wall...

My first house (1950s era) had these shitty hard plastic tiles just inside the front door as a landing pad to take your shoes off before you stepped onto the carpet. Under the carpet were hardwoods. So the first house project i did was to rip the carpet to and refinish the hardwood floors myself. Well those stupid tiles wouldn't come up they just kept chipping and breaking. So what's a 24 year old dude with a drum sander and 20 grit paper gunna do? He's going to sand right though those SOBs, right?! So I did. Later found out those were likely asbestos backed tiles which are totally safe to remove if you chip them out. What you dont want to do is saw them out because that releases the asbestos fibers into the air. Hmmm, what about sanding them down to nothing?!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00