soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Would BMW typically reduce the price of last year/EndOfProduction models? Looking for a new i3 and wondering if I should get it now or wait till end of this year for MY22 to roll out (considering that MY22 is EOP for i3)? Would BMW offer significant discount/incentive to get rid of all EOP models?
BMW won't lower the MSRP. In fact it may even go up. The dealers may discount more, but probably not until the actual EOP and you'll be stuck with whatever inventory is left over. The i3 is already heavily discounted, and most dealers don't have a many in inventory any more. So I wouldn't expect any noticeable savings for a EOP 22 i3. The other issue is that dealers can convert the i3 into fleet vehicles easily. They've been doing it for years with left over i3 inventory. Selling to themselves is an option they have vs. selling so cheap they're losing money.

The bigger issue will be financing. BMW FS residual rates will be trash the last year of production. You'll get a better overall lease deal now. So unless you're willing to pay cash and hoping to find one that's been sitting on a lot for 12 months, order what you want now.
Not sure why BMWFS would offer unfavorable residual for EOP cars but overall agree with your other points. We are going to custom build what we want since we can't find it on the lots (i3 availability as you said is scarce anyways)
Appreciate 0