PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
While the 1M will certainly be venerable for many years to come, it certainly lacks the heritage and story that a car like the E30 M3 has.

The E30 M3 was conceived as a race car & sold as a street car, literally a street legal race car, and is still the most successful touring car in history.

The 1M was conceived as a street car and sold as a street car.
Its engine and chassis have not been entered into any factory-backed racing program/series.

What BMW did with the E30 M3 would've been equivalent to BMW Motorsport selling a street legal Z4 GT3 at your local dealership.
That is a feat, that has yet to be repeated.
As much as I love the 1M (I love it more than the E30 M3), this is my point exactly...the E30 M3 is special in that sense because of its heritage. The E46 M3 GTR is the only other BMW after the E30 M3 that I would acknowledge as such but that wasn't really meant for normal folk to buy while the E30 M3 was mass produced. All other factors are obviously just as important but the production of a TRUE successor to the E30 M3 (for mass production) hasn't arrived yet. With that said, God knows the things I would do to get a street legal Z4 GT3.
Appreciate 1