HUM5INT
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 Competition LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
More and more nails in the coffin for ICE performance cars. This is impressive although I was hoping the X5M comp would do much better.
Why would these be considered "nails in the coffin for ICE cars"? Because folks only have one criteria when purchasing a vehicle and that's how fast it gets to 60 mph?

Until manufacturers completely stop producing them, plenty of us will continue to choose the screaming and obnoxious inline 6s, V8s, V10s and V12s.

How fast a vehicle gets to 60 mph is pretty far down the bottom of my list when choosing a vehicle. Same goes for how quickly it goes around the 'Ring. Cute statistic, but that's about it.
Unless I'm running my car at the track weekly or have some unique paying sponsorship to constantly do a 0-60, that's not my only consideration. Let's face it….most people loving the 0-60 times rarely do it - especially if you live somewhere where it's dense and congested or it has poor weather 75% of the year. I've just never been a fan of electric. I despise having no sound, no vibration, no feel or emotion. I'll always take an ICE. Plus if I'm paying 6 digits for a car and about $6+ for gas….I better be able to hear it, feel it and ruin the air just a tad lol
4) '12 550 M-Sport; Exterior: Alpine White
INSTAGRAM: hum5int
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25106.00
P111572.00