View Single Post
      04-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #179
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkracing View Post
DirecTV Now's freeze ups lost me as a customer.

The straw that broke the camel's back was while watching The Walking Dead and in an intense scene it froze and I missed it.

Additionally, I needed a system to not sleep after an amount of hours, and no matter what I tried the application would go to sleep after like 4 hours. I have a puppy and I like to leave some background noise for him.
What's weird is that some channels seem to be more affected than others. We watch the ID channel quite a bit, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it freezes at least twice per hour so bad that I have to change channels and retune to ID 4 and 5 times over just to get video and sound. Meanwhile, I can watch a full game on NHL network without issue. But yea, it freezes up way more than it should. I've had Destination America completely fail to load at least twice; I gave up and watched something else, but you shouldn't have to do that. Like I said, I feel like I'm paying DirecTV to be a beta tester. At least I get to keep the Apple TV 4K from the deal.

I will definitely be switching to PS Vue when this trial period is up in about 45 days.
Appreciate 0