Thread: Review or raise
View Single Post
      03-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #20
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

**So, I'm sure everyone has been sitting around with bated breath**

Yesterday was my 5 year anniversary here and I had a meeting with my boss on unrelated items. At the end of our talk I explained it was the best 5 years I have had with one company and I hope for another 15 yrs. I asked if he had the time, I would love to be reviewed sometime this year.
He shot me a weird look and said "you want a review? Here it is".....he drew an A+ on a piece of paper and slid it across the table.

He then proceeded to tell me I was the best bodyshop manager he ever had and how I make his job easy. He then proceeded to say that my play plan was already being reviewed by the executive team and I should know something soon.

I went on to explain how it bothers me when employees come to me on their anniversary and feel entitled to a raise just b/c it was another year of service. He understood and said to relax....everything is in the works already and my services haven't gone unnoticed.

I guess I could have gone in wearing a monkey costume and gotten the same reaction and reply but I wanted to try to be serious and professional.

Thanks for playing
Appreciate 4