03-26-2024, 09:31 AM   #2
Windshieldfarmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
….and recommendations to move forward.

I have been on the hunt for a ‘24 i4 M50 for the past few months as I would like to get into something in late Spring/early Summer or so. I figured I would need to order one as I have yet to find anything across the US that is the spec’ed how I want, until now, possibly…

I found one at a local dealer almost spec’ed the way I wan’t, with the biggest issue being color - it is my 3rd choice color if I had to rank them . In any event, I could be motivated to make a deal if the price is right so I asked for their best out the door (OTD) price and was initially offered $4k off MSRP (before any factory incentives).

Thoughts on this “initial” MSRP discount given the current car market (BMW EV market specifically)? $4k off equates to 4.8% off MSRP. How much bigger of a discount should I push for before any factory incentives are added to the deal.

Note: I am eligible for the loyalty discount at $1k, the current lease discount is $8.5k (but not sure if I want to lease yet), and the military discount “up to” $3k (I have been unable to verify the actual military discount, but I believe it will be $1.5k based on my research). Hence why I want to negotiate the best dealer discount I can get before any factory incentives are thrown in.

Thanks!
You would forgo an $8,500 lease discount for the privilege of paying cash or financing the thing? Lease it and then purchase at the end of the lease. BMW is able to pass along tax credits they receive for delivering EVs…tax credits you cannot receive as an individual. That is the source of the $8,500 lease discount.
Appreciate 4
NOGBMW35.50
jmciver1845.50
Tallest1320.50