Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennsport3.2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
It's a halo / niche car and they should have limited production like they did for -say-, the m1, the z8 etc.

But then they think trees grow to the sky and market this car as if it was a 5 series.

I am one of the early adopters and paid full whack.

Whilst i love the car, i dislike the way bmw does things on the mass production front.

Bmw, you won't have me again as a customer.
BMW has lost you as a customer? Good.

If you bought a brand new car as an investment, you are an idiot. No promise of exclusivity was ever made. It's a new car, it will depreciate. If you paid sticker or more because you wanted to have the shiniest, newest toy on the block, then you will have to pay the price and deal with it. Blaming BMW for your own stupidity is just childish projection.
I wouldn't call it a limited production but it's also not a mass production like the 3 series, I two was an early adopter for my I and paid a premium but hey I feel today just as I did when I bought it that it was worth the cost.

I gave BMW my money because I believe in what they set out to do. And applaud them for it.

I also like the fact they aren't selling like PT cruisers or teslas for that matter as I see a tesla at every corner they loose their specialness.

Now the I program is not a failure in any way as the technology will filter down into all their cars and also will be leveraged by other manufacturers like Toyota who will pay BMW a premium to use their technology and everybody wins.

The "I" cars are the marketing tool for their efforts in making affordable carbon fiber tech, and that tech can be used in production cars.

As for the most part it was used for only the top shelf exotics.
Appreciate 1