Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mephisto Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louv View Post
BMW never said this was a limited production car. If you paid more than list, that was your informed choice.

I think you want it as a limited production car because that benefits you, but that doesn't benefit BMW. They spent a huge amount of money on the technologies to build this (and the i3). Their accountants surely want them to recover those costs by selling more cars.

Either you enjoy the car, or you don't. If you bought it as "an investment" then you probably messed up. If you bought it because you love the technology, the design, the experience, then you probably succeeded.

Don't worry, BMW doesn't actually care if you return as a customer. Nor do they care about me. It's not personal. It's business.
Wow. That is just plain negative and dark thinking. Of course they care if you return and continue buying. They miscalculated the demand on such a car and assumed the regulatory environment and social responsibility trends would sell them and they did not.

The car is an egineering masterpiece and a brave act of visionary thinking that assumed great risk but ultimately did not yield the numbers BMW might have expected.

They should have really gambled on the SUV and Executive segment to generate a proper return on investment.
I guess I don't look at it as Dark, just Realistic.

I love my i8. I've loved all 16 BMWs I've been fortunate enough to own. I love both sides of the house (2 and 4 wheel). I just bought another one today. But my buying habits are a flea speck in their sales figures. I used to feel that they owed me something for my loyalty. Then I grew up and realized my addiction to their product is all on me. They don't give me special deals; I pay they same as everyone else. Maybe more.
Appreciate 0