Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Thanks. Yeah she's a little beauty.
The sad thing is there are so many strays out there as you know, the female feral cats will continue to get impregnated and give birth to litter after litter and eventually they die due to malnutrition or attacked by predators when young. If they are picked up by animal control they go to the shelter system and often times get euthanized if no one adopts them. Same thing with dogs of course. It's truly sad but I feel that if I can make at least a small difference for the life of a single creature, it's worth it.

Thank goodness there are a number of rescue groups and no kill shelters, but still not enough of them because of the sheer numbers of animals being dealt with.
Back in the 90s there was a feline AIDS epidemic here and cats were dying like crazy from it. We had a few (3) cats back then and they were inside/outside cats and they all caught it and had to be euthanized.

Since then we never let our cats out even though there is no longer an epidemic. There's too many bad things that can happen to them. Mainly we live in a foothill community and coyotes roam at night.

We currently have only one cat and she is about 10 years old, we think. We adopted her from the local shelter 8 years ago and they thought she was about 2yo.

Her name is Samantha...
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
TiMSport12803.00
No one1044.50
Maynard3848.00
stein_325i25083.00
3.0L8937.00
JasonCSU702.00