JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Are any of you guys using back braces?

I sustained a lower back injury that resulted in some bulging discs as well as an annular tear with nerve impingement which kept me out of the gym for close to 8 months.
I have been getting back into it slowly but I am afraid to do certain exercises.

I was wondering if the brace would help keep my back properly aligned. If you guys have any other suggestions or ideas please let me know.
First and foremost you don't want to rely on a brace. I have some back issues too, so you just have to be mindful at all time. Like other mentioned try to keep the load off you back. Especially if you're just getting back into things make sure you don't ego lift. Start with no weight and progress slowly. A slow progression is better another injury.

If you're working hard and start to feel pain don't push through. Stop, stretch it out, maybe some light cardio, and call it a day. One days sacrifice is nothing compared to numerous days of pain.

Find workouts that work for you. Be mindful about your injury. Continue to progress.
Appreciate 2
xander_g989.50
Rmtt8208.00