View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 07:57 AM   #174
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Umm that was Verstappen being quoted lol. Verstappen said “Max is a Dutch ****** and I don’t know what he is doing.” He drives for the Netherlands and calls himself Dutch. He's explained this countless times, that he was just born in Belgium but considers himself Dutch and races for the Netherlands. I see this a lot in England with footballers for example Michael Owen born in Wales but played for England. You don't see the welsh still trying to claim him ha.

Max says something like this every time the Belgian media claim him...

He may live in Belgium and travel on a Belgian passport but Max told Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad last year: ‘I have lived in Belgium my entire life, but I consider myself more Dutch. ‘As a result of my karting activities I spend more time with my father than with my mother. I’m always surrounded by Dutchmen.’

Anyway point is; his sense of humor is so Dutch, i work with 2 Dutch guys and at first you would hate them because of their sense of humor seems so rude but after you get to know them you realize they are being playful. I call one of them Max and the other Verstappen. Both are big fans vs. me being a Hammer fan.
As his father ex-F1 driver Jos is Dutch and has massive fan following from Holland (the orange army)? then it's probably the reason he sort of calls himself Dutch
Appreciate 1