Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
hi Philippe. as we know, essential qualities almost unique to truly epic champions are 1) timing, not only on the track and 2) an ability, often against "the common wisdom", to make the correct decision. 7ewis leaving McClaren is a perfect example, as Fernando would probably attest. i know i thought he'd lost his mind at the time...
Kinda true, anybody else think VET would have ZERO championships without Red Bull? I think he kinda started this whole ball rolling down hill. Best driver in dominate car wins the championship. Sure hope the new 2022 regulations reverse that trend. Seeing new faces standing on the podium on a regular basis would be very cool.
well i agree but sadly i'm not optimistic about the 'new' regulations. there are too many damn rules and restrictions that always result in the same thing: one team guesses right (remember Braun F1?) and everyone else is screwed because testing is verboten as is meaningful improvement. has to be the stupidest rule since the invention of the wheel: no testing. the ban on testing was allegedly aimed at reducing costs but did the opposite and yet F1 clings to it like demented pitbulls.
were it up to me i'd burn the rule book but keep the tubs (because they prevent people getting killed) then re-issue the 1978 rule book and say 'have at it lads!'. you never know what could happen. why, some screwball might show up at the first race with a six wheeled car...
Appreciate 1