Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
@Sedan_Clan curious to hear your thoughts on the shooting of Daunte Wright and how the officer said he mistakenly grabbed his gun instead of his taser. They are calling it an "accidental discharge". How tf do you mistake a gun for a taser?
So the issue is the music memory. It helps, but it also hinders. It's for this reason your less lethal taser should be opposite your duty weapon. My duty weapon is on my right hip; my taser is on my left thigh.
Understood. But how can you not tell right away once you reach for it based on the weight? A taser weighs nothing like a loaded glock.

The family will get a massive settlement from this I presume (not that it matters since they lost someone). But hard to believe such a dumb mistake can be made.
There a bunch of things that go into play and it's not black and white.
Mistaking a gun for a taser when you are trained in the field and it is your job, inexcusable in any manner. A life was lost because she failed at her job. Should be tossed in jail like any other person would.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Muscle memory happens without thought, like driving or throwing punches & kicks (..as a trained fighter). It's an easy mistake to make when there's tension, adrenaline, etc. I'm not taking away from the mistake that officer made, but she wasn't the first to do it and she won't be the last.

She is deserving of her due process just like anybody else.
Appreciate 2
Tuxedo1407.50
mahalom3163.00