View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 09:11 AM   #2018
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
(I think I should have called him Captain Avoidance.)
That is the oxygen, or the elephant in the room, if you will.
Approaching from the other side of the car is a very limited solution, & frankly, hardly the concern of citizens.
How did the legal guns become illegal guns? Not by themselves; a person helped.
In the US, the excuse for inaction is always "2A", until the shooting, when it becomes "...he was crazy & ...!"
Where is the action in between?

Murf
Again with the name calling, why?

You can not appreciate the subtleties of this type of a situation until you've walked up to a car full of asshole on the side of the road in the middle of the night by yourself. The tactics are subtle, fluid and can be dynamic. You have to make subtle choices/decision and you often aren't aware you're making them. Approaching a car on the passenger side has never been something I thought made sense. There are some who swear by it. From my view standing behind the drivers left shoulder forcing him to be off balance to see you is an advantage. I hate seeing coppers leaning in the drivers window or standing directly beside the driver's door. You are in a kill zone, and are asking for trouble if someone want's to give it to you.

I won't get into the illegal possession of guns with you as it will only end up going in circles like every other time....as I've said in another post, I try to learn from past experience and modify my behaviour moving forward.
Appreciate 2
mahalom3163.00
Lady Jane68931.50