04-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #2102
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I agree. I remember the first time I saw everybody from grandma/grandpa to the store clerk carrying in an Arizona grocery store. It was a beautiful thing.
Why would you like this when stats show that those folks will be more likely to die by guns?

16. States with a higher density of guns experience more gun deaths
17. More police officers are killed on duty in states that have more guns
22. If all mental illnesses in the US were to be cured overnight, violent crime in the country would fall by only 4%
24. Less than 1% of victims of non-fatal attacks use guns for self-defense

A number of crimes stopped by gun owners statistics, including a comprehensive analysis carried out by the US Department of Justice, have consistently shown that actual instances of gun use for self-defense are simply too low to justify carrying firearms in public. In fact, the widespread presence of arms ends up making conflicts deadlier than they have to be.
25. Concealed carry permit laws can lead to increases in violent crimes by 13-15%

In fact, a Stanford study on gun violence trends has shown that states that have enacted expansive laws that permit carrying firearms, mainly for self-defense, end up experiencing a significant rise in violent crimes within a decade. Accidental shooting statistics have shown that guns in home raise the risk of homicides by several degrees. The presence of a gun in a home with a history of domestic violence increases the risk that a woman will be killed by 500%. A suicide using a firearm also becomes that much easier when a gun is close at hand at home.

https://safeatlast.co/blog/gun-violence-statistics/

Murf
Appreciate 0