United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Faity

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
I agree.

Any multi-powered compromise WILL NOT result in the "Ultimate Driving Machine".
I get the skepticism, it makes sense. But the "Ultimate Driving Machine" slogan really just says "you're going to enjoy driving our cars." The fact of the matter is, a road-going passenger car is a compromised Swiss Army Knife type of a product to begin with. There are many kinds of driving and BMW never made any promises of what kind of Ultimate Driving they were referring to. Long track, short track, drag strip, off road, mountain roads, grocery getting? Even a truly single-purpose car, whether it be F1 or Top Fuel, still must be engineered around compromises. In fact, a do-it-all product that doesn't excel in anything can be exceptionally groundbreaking, useful to the consumer and profitable to the company. Look at smartphones. Call quality is not as good as a landline, the camera is not a good as an SLR (nor is the camcorder), the flashlight isn't as good as a Maglite, the small screen isn't as good as a 24" desktop, the onscreen keyboard sucks, battery life is nothing compared to being plugged in … I can go on. The point is we all have them, get great use out to them and the tech companies that design them make a bunch of money. Sometimes products can be revolutionary because people can do some amazing things. This solution may turn out to be too compromised for many, or maybe just for a few. I'm curious to see how they've done.
2016 F80 ED 9/10/15 3:20 - BSM, SS, DCT, M Adaptive, Silver 437M

Last edited by ginginha; 12-10-2018 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 1