10-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
In Texas, and maybe other places, BMWNA is now offering a $2,000 innovation credit toward the lease or purchase of the i3 plus another $4k+ in credits if you lease. So, look like a great deal to me if you are in the market for an i3 by October 31st.
Starting 10/1, BMW North America did indeed introduce a new national, BMW-funded (as opposed to dealer funded) rebate program on the i3 which they are calling "innovation credits." You get $2,000 off whatever price you negotiate with the dealer on a BEV or $1,000 of on a REX. These credits are independent of whether you lease or purchase -- just so long as the financing is done through BMW's financing arm.

The "...another $4k+ in credits if you lease" you refer to is not new -- I'm pretty sure that is just the $4,875 federal tax credit that BMW receives on leases and passes on to those who lease. Of course, you can qualify for a full $7,500 off your personal federal taxes if you buy (either directly or through BMW's Owner's Choice program) and if you have enough income.

Last edited by tiburonh; 10-04-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0