05-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #12
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
I've now heard this from a couple sources, but it appears the first deliveries to the U.S. will be at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, which is scheduled for August 17. Can't think of a better place to receive one, but somehow I imagine the recipients of those cars will be very special customers of BMW. Looking like September deliveries are more likely now for the U.S. market. Even with that timing, one would think orders would need to be placed in June to get built and arrive here in September. I wish we had someone from BMWUSA contributing to this blog that could provide more info on the timing of U.S. ordering.

See the story in this link from BMWblog: http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/05/14/fi...rse-delegance/
Hopefully that means they can stop being cagey about order slots and deliveries now that the cat is out of the bag. I appreciate the "selling you the future/new experience" angle but, honestly, I just want to drive down to the dealership, write a check, and drive off. I have the sneaking suspicion it's going to be more like an Apple launch day where people are clapping for you as you walk out. I guess I'm "weird" in that I buy cars for myself rather than any desire to impress or show off to other people, so a "delivery event" seems a little pretentious/ostentatious for me. But as long as the theatrics end with me buying a car, I guess I'm game.

Last edited by Carac; 05-14-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0