10-18-2021, 07:49 AM   #181
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM3 View Post
That’s correct. US healthcare care is like number 15-20 and behind countries where doctors make less than $100K. So that gives me an idea that most doctors are overpaid. Also I’ve seen enough doctors in my life to conclude that they don’t care and simply go in the field for the money. Case in point - so many Indians come here and rush to dental or medical field. Most of you don’t have a calling to heal people nor feed people with Subways nor fuel American cars with owning every damn gas station. I know enough Patels- it’s for the money, lol
Wow way to COMPLETELY miss the point.

There are so many things wrong here I don't even know where to begin. I don't think anything I say will change your narrow minded views.... but what the hell.

Doctors make a tiny fraction of what the hospital groups charge per patient, as outlined in the post you ignored. If the Healthcare system is screwed up it's definitely not due to doctor salaries. But I guess misinformed people only see what physicians make. They don't see things like the cost for facilities, the cost for medical equipment, the salaries of the executives running the hospital groups, etc. Physician salaries are miniscule in comparison.

Referencing countries where doctors make less than $100k without also referencing things like licensing requirements and... you know.... adjusting for things like cost of living and compared to other wages within the country... is just short sighted. And in regards to licensing, the US has stricter education requirements for physicians, where physicians from many countries aren't able to transfer over their qualifications to the US without further education and testing.

The requirements themselves are intense. Beyond a 4 year degree, there's another 4 years for med school, then 3-4 years of residency where you're working your ass off making $40k a year, then maybe another 2-3 years of fellowship which is again working your ass off for maybe $50k a year. Finally you're in your field, but the stress can be insane. Long hours, nights, people trying to sue you just to make a buck even though you're doing everything in your power to help them. Patients who make it sound like it's your fault they're in the situation they're in and accusing you of not working some sort of magic to fix them. Did I mention people trying to sue you? It's one of the most stressful fields you can be in.

I know many people who've tried to go into medicine for the money and they fail. It's not easy to become a physician. But your remarks about Indians really takes the cake. Majority of physicians in the US are white btw. So I'm really not sure why you decided to bring race into this... as if somehow Indians specifically probably aren't in it for the virtues of helping people.

Asians as a whole (this includes Indians, Chinese, etc) make up about 17% of the physician workforce, and most are 2nd generation... meaning they were born here in the US.

And to your last remark about comparing physicians to people who run Subways or gas stations.... im sorry but that's just not worthy of a response.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3
..Rush..973.50
hamzag20557.00
Cinco156.00