View Single Post
      12-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #77
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

The saga continues...

1. You need to use the app for IOS (iPhone or iPad) to control this unit (already noted above). The Android app will not work with the new module...

2. It looks like the Maxhaust system might not be compatible with 2019 i8's (despite their claims). I can't be absolutely sure and I'm waiting to hear back from them. But here are my observations which lead me to this conclusion:

- The IOS App will properly see the Bluetooth module (although the reception is a bit sketchy). Never-the-less, I should be able to make my settings and then not have to use the app any more. It should also be noted that while the Bluetooth reception is a bit intermittent, the actions and sounds from the Maxhaust system are NOT. (Its not an intermittent power issue)

- The App see's when I change between eco<->comfort<->sport. The mode change is properly reflected in the app. So the device is obviously seeing the mode change via the CANBUS and communicating it properly back to the app.

- The sound of the exhaust also changes when I change it in the app. So the app is properly sending commands to the Bluetooth module and changing the settings/sounds in the device.

- The demo mode in the app will allow me to virtually "blip" the throttle.

The big problem I am having is that the device apparently does not track the actual engine RPM! When I took the car out for a test drive, the exterior sound just stayed at idle the whole time. Its a bit tough to hear with the factory fake interior sound, but the exterior sound never tracked the engine RPM! A secondary issue is that the device always runs with the idle sound even if the engine is NOT running at all (in EV mode).

The fact that the device is obviously capable of reading the CANBUS mode settings (eco/comfort/sport) indicates to me that it might not be interpreting the CANBUS RPM info properly. Could this be due to changes in the 2019 model year?

I've been all through the app and don't see any setting which could cause this.

So now I have the volume for all modes (eco, comfort, sport) set to zero as the car REALLY sounds stupid running around at "idle" all the time...

I'm waiting to hear back from Maxhaust...
Appreciate 0