View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #6
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Squarekins View Post
Thanks all. I'm confused. My car's only done 28k miles, but will be coming up to three years. So am I right in understanding therefore :

I can purchase the annual warranty at £995 but they wont cover past 100k (CORRECT)
I can go monthly payment now, but pay over £2000 in a year for that. (I'd be crazy surely) (CORRECT)
But the monthly will cover me past 100k miles?

But, just below 60k miles, i need to cancel the annual to qualify for monthly cover? But probably pay £2000 over a year? (See BELOW).

If so, I'm starting to doubt a long term relationship with this car. It needs to be gone before 60k, but definetely 100k? (PROBABLY, assuming you don't want a non bmw warranty)

Thoughts.
The issue just below 60k miles is purely personal to my situation in that i'm trying to eek out the best compromise of cost & cover to cover my ownership of the car which is likely to be towards the end of 2021.

This 'cannot purchase a new BMW warranty' after 60k miles is specific to 'i' cars and quite frustrating but it is what it its

If i assume you do the average 12k miles a year, and want to keep your car long term then you are good to use annual policy for the next two years before you start to have a similar dilemma to me
Appreciate 0