04-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #34
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Yeah. They're about $7-10k all up, ready to go. Not bad for a flying machine you can throw in the back of your truck. You can get a little cart to attach to them, too, so you can land on wheels (it's pretty awkward to run with that big prop torquing away on your back). This is the one I want... http://blackhawkparamotor.com/store/...x-220-package/

I'd actually prefer to skydive. My grandpa is famous in the skydiving community, my GF used to jump, and a friend is an instructor, but the drop zone in my town SUCKS. One Cessna, and you have to land at 4500' altitude. So, it takes a long time to go up, you can only take two friends, and you get very little freefall time and a fast landing up in the thin air. Consequently, there's not much of a community here, which is half the fun.
That's actually a lot cheaper than I thought they'd be...., I'm really starting to get more and more interested. Hmmmm...., more toys.

I've skydived before, it was a good time, Michigan was pretty flat so reaching alt and free fall time was about as good as it can get. I would like to go again, but I really want to try base jumping of some sort at least once.
Appreciate 0