View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #37
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
My company actually makes brass cases for blanks. we sell them to a lot of loaders who make blanks and or dummy rounds for the movie industry.

A dummy round is a brass casing that has a bullet (also called a projectile) loaded into it. These are used for scenes where the ammunition can be seen by the audience like in a revolver or a semi-automatic magazine. They have no powder at all and either no primer at all or a dummy or fake primer. One of the biggest companies we sell to that loads these always put a single piece of lead shotgun shot in a dummy cartridge so when you pick it up it rattles for extra identification. A blank uses an extra-long case as seen above and you load a small amount of smokeless powder in front of a live primer and then apply what is called a star crimp to the top to hold it. This is what you see in the pictures above. The part that is visible in those photos is what my company makes.

In the case of Brandon Lee, the theory was the gun was loaded with dummy rounds (the ones that have a bullet/projectile in it) and used for those scenes. Somewhere during the scenes a bullet was dislodged from the cartridge case and into the barrel enough to hold it. Then when a blank was fired from the same gun the powder in the blank had enough force to push the projectile out of the gun. So a live round was never in the gun but through a tragic accident a projectile was fired and unfortunately just happened to be lined up with his body.

Since this movie will have been using revolvers, I'm sure dummy rounds were used as well as blanks.

We will just have to see what the investigation uncovers.
Either that happened or someone intentionally put a real live round in the gun. My guess is the latter.
Appreciate 1
2000cs3498.00