10-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #42
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...walked-off-set

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires that he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.
I hate to be 'that guy' and I know these are not your words, but these were not ACCIDENTAL discharges these were Negligent discharges.

I don't know how many here have spent any time in a gun store or around 'gun people' but you can tell the 'real' gun people from those that are not up to speed yet when a gun is passed around at a store.

With a safe group of folks every single person who touches it will make sure its clear, even if someone else checked it 5 seconds earlier in full view of everybody involved.

It is the breakdown of the simplest safety rules that allow tragedy.

I also don't understand why anyone would be standing in the line of fire of any gun, take one step in either direction and this never happens, not blaming the victim here, but these protocols should be in place.

To get the 'shot' the gun needs to be pointed where it is pointed, assume there are some plexi screens lights etc the actor may not be able to see what is beyond the target, the space beyond the target must be cleared.
Appreciate 7
UncleWede17947.50
cmyx6go15676.00
bosstones1154.00
DieselOG1673.50