View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #16
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

It was Stratstone Leeds, but it was covered by Emacs UK which I think is what all the BMW dealers use. When I walked in originally to enquire, they advised me the 'major' service was £1000 ish so the 3 year plan was a no brainer (and from what I recall the 3 year plan provided 2 minor and 1 major services.) When I asked at the time, I asked if this covered door struts and belt change - they said 'yes'.

However on the print out of the included scope it didn't say about the door struts and belt change - only filters, oil, vehicle check - so I phoned up today. I asked how exactly did major service cost £1000 if it was just an oil change and filters. 'They're very time consuming' apparently.... I asked her to verify with Emacs if the door struts/belt change was covered as surely they mustn't be quoting the correct major service price if it's just those items..?

So I'm awaiting an email to confirm if struts and belt are included. People do say it's not worth getting these changed if no symptoms though so might not be the end of the world if not.
Appreciate 0